Includes: Praise & Play, Explorers, Pathfinders, TFD’s, Sunday School and Junior church.
Leaders: Mike Cooke, Karen Hickman, Amanda Hickman-Hanson, Judy Leather, Colin Horrabin, Caroline Johnstone, Jean Fisher, Janet Black, Debbie Shields, Elaine Whittaker, Frank Whittaker, Julia Young
• Our recent focus has been on adopting and applying the ‘Safeguarding Policy & Procedures for Children and young people’ published by Chester Diocese. The prepared safeguarding documents have been placed in pink folders and issued to each children’s group. Thanks goes to Caroline & Mike for compiling this.
• Training, ‘Building the Body’ run by the Diocese, was taken up by Janet and Debbie.
• Our midweek groups were involved in the Church float at the Rose Queen on 16th June this year, enthusiastically celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and coming away with 1st prize!
• The Harvest Club on 2nd October on the theme of ‘Seasons’, provided the focus for the Harvest Festival on 3rd October. The activities for primary aged children were a great success and involved some who were not regular members of the church. This was also the case for our Christmas presentations at the Christingle and crib services. It was encouraging to see parents taking part in these services and watch their children perform.
• Other Church involvement includes the Prize-giving service, 5th September which all groups attend. Also encouraging to see some more parents attending in support of their child.